Sunday, December 29, 2013

Review of Big Solid Conditioner

At first, I loved jungle. Don't get me wrong, I am definitely going to repurchase at some point, now that I know how to best use them for my hair. I did not figure out how to until I had used up the whole bar (in little pieces that I ended up using as a shaving cream for my legs) trying to figure out what worked best. I decided to move on to LUSH's other solid conditioner, BIG. As I have not yet tried their BIG shampoo, I won't say anything on that, but think the same concept. Major volume and shine, with a little exfoliation mixed right up in there. Same scent, too. Jasmine and sea salt, which I can smell because I swear I've been eating plain salt by the bag since I was a little girl. Yes, I am prepared for a heart attack at the age of 30. No lectures, I beg of you people! But yeah, same look, same feel, same purpose and same scent. Which is all around pleasant.  At first I tried smoothing the bar on my hair - didn't work. Then smooshing some up and smothering that in my hair - didn't work. Then I took some smooshed up product, put it in the bottom of a shampoo tin, and added a few drops of water. Mixed with my finger, I realized it was turning into what you would normally think of a bottled conditioner - which for me, was great. I have fine and thick hair that can get oily - and this tamed all of it. As soon as I got it into a sort of cream, I kept adding more water till it was a Lyle more liquid-y, a personal preference I guess, and applied like a normal conditioner. I left it in for a little bit and took some time to just relax and wash my body while my hair conditioned. After like a minute or two, I rinsed it out. And at first my hair felt brittle and straw like - until it started drying a little bit. I rarely style my hair other than brush it or put it up in a ponytail, but I do dye my hair, the only place besides natural elements that damage can occur. It made my hair as soft as the 25$ conditioner samples they put in the box with the dye, only it worked ten times better, made my hair smell so good until I washed it again. Which is every other day. I love this conditioner! The only thing that some people might not like is that if you live in a humid area, it will feel oily (something I like because it makes it easier to use, as t softens the bar) and if you live in a dry area, (like me) it will be a little drier and harder to mix with the few drops of water first applied.it takes maybe 30-60 seconds to mix the conditioner with the water, and a little goes a long way. I highly recommend this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment