Sunday, June 16, 2013

Eat, sleep, breathe, and bathe.


So I've been reading the lush blog on the actual lush site, www.lush.usa.com/ and so far I'm on page 17. Earlier today I emailed lush and let them know that I absolutely adore the people that work at my regular store - and my favorite products. I wanted to talk about my mission trip experiences - and my upcoming ( I leave in less than a week!! ) mission trip to the Yakima nation in northern Washington. I wrote this note a while back, and it's the most honest, truthful things that I will never, ever forget .Mission trips
Detroit 2011 
In this part of Detroit, there are 3-7 liquor stores for two blocks and a grocery store every ten miles.
The elementary school was only closed for six days.
Every four seconds a police siren went off at night.
When there is nothing, there is always hope.
Joplin 2012
The tornado was over one mile wide.
Meth is a huge problem in Joplin 
In 45 minutes, over 250 people were killed. (walk and clap)
People actually believe it was their sins that brought god down onto them, and that if they don't change their ways, more than a warning will come unto them.
Some baptist preachers can be idiots.
Just playing with a little kid will change their lives.
Yakima, 2013: many experiences to come.
My current dream is to go to Guatemala with my church, then onto Africa, and to a country that I have always wanted to visit: India. I love the culture and the mix of religions and I've been studying them my whole life - legit-ly. All that is left for me is to walk down the streets barefoot to the Taj Mahal and watch as the sun goes down.  My goodness, it's 12:31 A.M here. Might as well try to sleep. Night, lushables!

No comments:

Post a Comment