Saturday, June 15, 2013

June 13, 2013 LUSH haul

My love for lush has turned into a complete addiction. From reading the catalogs twice a day and watching demos on YouTube, to spending more than I would normally ( and sanely ) spend in one store. I just came back from lush not 15 minutes ago, with a very special haul.  Headed to washington state for my next mission trip - and a magic idea comes into my head. Why don't I just bring all lush products? Well, today I got the karma komba solid shampoo bar and tin, and a tea tree toner tab. Try sayin' that three times fast! ( don't really, at the risk of personal embarrassment and your social standing crumbling to the ground) plus a lot of samples - the ladies ( and gentleman) of lush now know me by name - something I shouldn't appear to be proud of. ( I am, very proud of this accomplishment) and I have developed a friendly relationship with all of them. The owner of the store asked how I was and what I was up too, so I told her about my mission trip. I asked for some samples, which I have never done before, and now feel like I should have paid for one of them - the honey I washed the kids soap, by far my favorite, was the second sample I asked for. What I got in return was over half of what I was going to buy - but instead bought the shampoo. Honeycomb included, it is half the size of my hand and as thick as my ring finger at the thickest part - which in all honesty, should've been worth 4-5 dollars. She also gave me a sample of my favorite liquid soap, it's raining men. And a soap I hadn't yet smelt (smelled?) called happy hippy. It smells like just cut grapefruit, making me crave it. Which reminds me, I need to run down to Safeway. The very first sample I requested was coal face, a solid facial cleanser that I have been dying to try, and figured that going half way across the country would be a very good reason to want to travel with only solid soaps, including my face wash. It smells divine, not sure what it is yet but it really does smell good. That was a pretty hefty cut if the soap as well! If you haven't been to a lush store, I really suggest you go whenever you get the chance. Their products are all vegetarian, some vegan, ( which, is honey vegetarian, vegan, or does it count as animal meat?) and the workers are all very sweet and helpful. The products I could go on and on about - their lip scrubs, toothy tabs, shower gels, solid soaps, face washes, bubble bars, and bath bombs ( which are what initially got me hooked on lush, the rose queen was my first<3) are very high quality at a great, reasonable price ( think ten and below) and smell amazing. If you're wanting to go to a lush store, visit lush cosmetics. Com and search for a store in your city limits. Warning: it is a very addictive habit. ;) have fun guys!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds so cool! I keep meaning to go back out there now that I have teh monehs, but I haven't yet. You should come with me next week! :)

    ReplyDelete